BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are looking for two People Operations Managers who bring deep and complementary experience to help us fortify our people-first culture while we scale rapidly. This posting is focused on employee experience. Please also consider our Infrastructure listing, and apply to the (one) role that best fits your expertise and areas of interest - we will consider candidates from both pipelines.
Our growing People Ops team shares the broad goal of working to attract and hire the best team members and in turn ensuring that BlockFi is the best possible place to work. The People Ops Manager - Experience will focus on engagement, professional development, and culture. You will be a great fit for this role if you’re passionate about centering diversity, equity, and inclusion in every layer of the work of a People team, love to think holistically about employee experience, and believe that people are at the core of a company’s success.
- Oversee employee engagement measurement and metrics
- Build talent development programs and infrastructure that supports a culture of learning and professional development
- Drive DEI initiatives, partnering closely with Recruitment and other key stakeholders
- Strategize and implement performance management processes, analyze outcomes, and provide advisory support to managers to help them to effectively deliver feedback
- Develop proactive strategies to help employees perform to their highest potential and support managers in their efforts to coach and counsel their teams
- Build relationships with employees at all levels; drive efforts to ensure that new hires are successfully integrated into the team
- Act as a resource and trusted confidante for the team on internal policies, career guidance, performance management, and complex employee relations challenges
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners in finance, legal, and security
- Oversee efforts to engage and connect our global team
- 5+ years relevant experience in HR/People teams
- A blend of start-up and later-stage experience preferred
- Fluent in and passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and best practices - you think about DEI holistically
- Intuitive and tenured HRBP - you build trust with the team, are adept at spotting potential issues, and provide guidance that resolves challenges before they begin
- Deep familiarity with engagement and performance management best practices
- Experience managing others - you take pride in supporting teammates develop in their careers
- People first - you are driven to produce high quality, beautiful work by genuine desire to help and empower others
- Culture carrier - you lead by example
- Solutions oriented - you facilitate change and empower teams by acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor
- Unwavering Integrity - you understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues
- Expert multi-tasker - you are comfortable working at a fast pace and effectively prioritize
- An emotionally-intelligent and authentic communicator - you are a deep listener and bring thoughtfulness to every interaction
- No-ego - you put the team first
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.