BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are looking for two People Operations Managers who bring deep and complementary experience to help us fortify our people-first culture while we scale rapidly. This posting is focused on Infrastructure, including HR systems and policies. Please also consider our Experience listing, and apply to the (one) role that best fits your expertise and areas of interest - we will consider candidates from both pipelines.
Our growing People Ops team shares the broad goal of working to attract and hire the best team members and in turn ensuring that BlockFi is the best possible place to work. The People Ops Manager - Infrastructure will focus on policies and internal processes that support a dynamic and high-performing working environment. You will be a great fit for this role if you’re passionate about and adept at building for operational excellence, love a fast paced and collaborative culture where no day is the same, and believe that people and teams are the most important factor to a company’s success.
- Collaborate with key cross-functional partners including our SVP of Finance, General and Corporate Counsels, and Chief Security Officer
- Lead on the end-to-end creation, implementation, governance and interpretation of HR policies and guidelines that meet the needs of our growing international team
- In partnership with finance and business leadership, design hiring plans, keeping in mind company revenue targets and scale. Maintain employee headcount and assist with metrics reporting
- Ensure employment practices are legally compliant, meet company values and standards, and foster a diverse and inclusive environment
- Manage documentation and transparently communicate processes and policies
- Act as a resource and trusted confidante for the team on internal policies and complex employee relations challenges
- Oversee all HR tools and systems - ensure data is managed appropriately, that systems integrate effectively, and that our infrastructure is built to scale
- 5+ years relevant experience in HR/People teams
- A blend of start-up and later-stage experience preferred
- Deep understanding of HR policy and best practices, with a knowledge of current US employment laws and regulations
- Fluent in benefits and payroll administration - you think about compensation holistically
- Familiarity with the backend of HR systems including payroll, HRIS, and ATS
- Experience managing others - you take pride in supporting teammates develop in their careers
- Rigorous attention to detail - you care deeply about “getting it right”, and put processes in place to ensure replicability and data integrity
- Solutions oriented - you facilitate change and empower teams by acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor
- Data-fluent - you use analytics to inform your work, and know your way around excel
- Unwavering Integrity - you understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues
- People first - you are driven to produce high quality, beautiful work by genuine desire to help and empower others
- Expert multi-tasker - you are comfortable working at a fast pace and are about to communicate and prioritize effectively
- An emotionally-intelligent and authentic communicator - you are a deep listener and bring thoughtfulness to every interaction
- No-ego - you put the team first
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.