BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Who We Need
We’re automating many of our compliance processes. Our stack is largely Elixir on the backend but if you have extensive experience in Python/Ruby/Go/etc., and are interested in working in Elixir, that works too! We are specifically looking for someone who has multiple years of experience with backend systems at a bank or other financial services company: onboarding flows, trading systems, surveillance reports. An understanding of financial services compliance would be a significant plus.
Regardless, you've definitely built out complex applications, both by yourself, and as part of a larger team, and have an (obsessive?) desire for maintainability.
What You’ll Do
This will be the first tech hire focused exclusively on compliance
- Own the entire lifecycle of compliance process automation.
- Work with BlockFi’s product team to integrate new products and features into the compliance workflow.
- Write code that - a year from now - you’ll be able to look at and *not* wonder what on earth you were thinking.
- Promote Reliability across all aspects of the system, and use the "Continuous Testing" part of CI/CD/CT to its fullest to help get there.
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. Our engineers are creative, technical, smart, and genuinely like each other. They enjoy the work they do, and so should you!
CI/CD/CT, RESTful APIs, Distributed Systems, Linux, AWS, Testing, Elixir, Erlang, Functional Programming