BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
As a Security Engineer at BlockFi you will directly impact the emerging cryptocurrency, digital asset and blockchain ecosystem. You will leverage your experience to design, build and implement security tools, product security enhancements, and best practices at a growing, cloud-first company that is building technology to support a global customer base.
This role is full-time remote (even after COVID concerns subside) and will require working across geographically distributed product engineering and infrastructure teams without missing a beat.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Bias towards action and own tasks end-to-end
- Work through hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful and analytical - ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Own the company’s problems like they are your own
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external auditors, software developers, and penetration testers
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, Jenkins or similar tools
- Extensive customer service experience and a drive to solve problems
- Knowledgeable in scripting languages including but not limited to Python and Bash
- Experience with Elixir, React (or other JS frameworks) is a plus
- Expertise with EDR and similar tools commonly found in enterprise technology environments
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, and similar protocols
- Hands on experience conducting investigations on Windows, Linux, and Mac systems
- Deep understanding of AWS services and security tools used for cloud-based forensics and security investigations
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee