BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Bias towards action and own tasks end-to-end
- Work through hurdles and tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done and unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful and analytical - ask why and challenge preconceived notions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Own the company’s problems like they are your own
- Obsessive drive and passion for security and building products people use
- Working knowledge of NIST, ISO, OWASP and similar frameworks
- Knowledge of current threats and vulnerabilities found in financial services and crypto industries
- Comfortable with Git, Jira, Jenkins or similar tools
- Knowledgeable in scripting languages including but not limited to Python and Bash. Elixir is a plus
- Solid experience in threat modeling and identification techniques
- Ability to work with developers to resolve security issues
- Experience in code reviews, vulnerability detection, and root cause analysis
- Background in software development, software quality assurance, or similar engineering roles
- History working with or on security operations, security engineering, or incident response teams
- Hands-on experience implementing and managing static code analysis solutions such as Veracode’s SourceClear
- Experience using and/or managing HackerOne or similar bug bounty programs – experience only as a hacker on these platforms is sufficient
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee