BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We are seeking a CFO to oversee a scalable approach to long-term financial planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, international expansion and more. This position will report directly to the CEO, and will have direct lines of contact to all business units.
- Collaborate with leadership team to establish and implement short and long-term financial goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures for all aspects of the business
- Own investor relations, helping to guide and position the finance team for late stage investment, acquisition, and/or IPO
- Plan capital strategy on debt and equity
- Provide strategic oversight to key financial functions including but not limited to Accounting, FP&A, and Strategy & Analytics
- Partner with the other leaders across the company (including our C-Suite, Creative Director, General Counsel, Director of People Operations and others) in developing our forward-looking company strategy and building a culture of collaboration, transparency, and accountability
- Implement, maintain, and improve software systems and processes to track and analyze current and future company
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners that support the finance infrastructure
- 15+ years experience as a corporate financial leader
- Public markets / M&A experience
- IPO Experience
- Deep expertise in financial markets
- Demonstrated experience scaling teams that are IPO ready / SOX compliant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be proactive, working cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Data driven and goal oriented - measuring success both quantitatively and qualitatively
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.