BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re looking for a Sales & Trading analyst or associate to help us continue to grow our institutional lending book. You’ll join our Institutional Services Team in seeking prospects, managing pipelines/projects and growing relationships once onboard. If you’re excited to join a highly innovative and motivated team working to bridge the gap between new tech and institutional finance, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll bring to the role
- An understanding of proprietary trading funds, hedge funds, miners and crypto exchanges.
- 3-4 years of experience in a sales and/or trading role with an ownership mentality
- Interest in crypto currencies and enthusiasm about BlockFi’s products and business model
- Ability to represent the company’s culture and values to our institutional counterparties
- Inclusive team player attitude
- Start-up mindset
- Detail oriented with technical skills such as excel/google sheets and ability to think analytically
- Multi-lingual is a plus, but not required
- Help originate new institutional clients
- Assist the management of our Institutional Relationships
- Implement new processes and procedures
- Some understanding of the challenges that our institutional clients face and assess the activities of our competitors
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $75MM in debt and equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt and credit crypto market leader in the US. As we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi’s leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding and $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $48 MM of Series A and B funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, and driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks and coffee
Though we are operating fully remotely while we navigate the current public health climate, this role will ultimately be located in our downtown Manhattan office.