Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding general management and business operations leader to join our fast-growing team as General Manager, Blockchain Denmark.
You will report to Blockchain.com’s Sr. Vice President, Business Operations, and be responsible for overseeing licensed and regulated operating infrastructure that advances the expansion of Blockchain.com’s many product offerings in Europe. You will be expected to operate effectively in a highly cross-functional context, working directly with Blockchain.com executive leaders to bring new products to the regional market and refine regional business operations. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative team in the crypto asset space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This role is local to Copenhagen, Denmark.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage the expansion of a regulated financial services entity and its operations
- Serve as a board director on relevant subsidiaries in relation to regulated services and operations
- Guide a regulated financial services business, with a focus on payment services, in preparing and completing regulatory examinations and audits
- Build and manage a regulated operations capability in conformity with all regulatory requirements, including compliance, finance, security/IT, and other operations functions
- Manage outsourcing arrangements in compliance with local Danish law governing regulated services
- Manage a regional business operations portfolio to maximise regional market share, client growth, and profitability
- Work with Blockchain.com executives to develop and implement Europe product and go-to-market strategies
- Lead interactions with European authorities, with particular regard to MiCA and payment services regulations
- Drive relationships with regional financial institution partners, including domestic and international banks
- Lead cross-functional projects ensuring the seamless integration of regional and local operations requirements with global shared services functions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years experience and proven track record in business process management or operations roles
- Ability to hold Management Function roles within the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority framework
- Strong command of financial statements and fiduciary duties
- Experience in operating an e-money institution or licensed financial service in a relevant industry; e.g., crypto/blockchain, fintech, traditional financial services, or brokerage/exchange
- Experience owning relationships with financial regulators on behalf of commercial entities
- Experience bringing products to market with product and engineering teams
- Analytical expertise and data-driven decisioning skills, mastery of financial models, projections, etc.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; public relations experience preferred
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
NICE TO HAVE
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree, with emphasis in Finance or Change Management
- Experience in P&L management, as a COO or Head of a business unit, leading teams at scale
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Apple equipment
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash and Equity
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.