Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
The Risk Manager position is a hands-on, high impact role that will require experience in Enterprise risk management, specifically in the financial services industry. The risk manager will be responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of an enterprise-wide risk strategy that accommodates the operational, legal, market, credit, regulatory, and technology risks of the various businesses at Blockchain.com.
While our company operates in the crypto currency markets and therefore extensive market risks, this role has a large emphasis on non-financial risks. Non-Financial Risk encompasses risks that could have a potential economic, reputational, regulatory, financial reporting, or client impact from i) failed or inadequate processes, data, or controls; ii) infrastructure or environmental factors; or iii) intentional or inadvertent actions of employees or external parties.
In this role, you will:
- Be accountable for developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring the Risk Management framework across the Group, through promoting adoption of the Risk Operating Model and promoting a sound control environment
- Proactively partner with business units and corporate units in driving a balanced approach between business growth and risk management
- Support the business units to understand how to identify risks in their areas of specialization and conduct risk assessments
- Conduct, document, and regularly evaluate the enterprise risk assessments across the company
- Implement risk management policies, and create analytics that align company metrics with the risk policies, including the group risk appetite statement
- Support the team with the production of regular risk reports highlighting key enterprise risks, in addition to identifying risks, issues and critical interdependencies across programs/initiatives
- Drive the execution of remediation plans to close critical issues sourced internally or externally, as applicable
- Work closely with Compliance to ensure regulatory requirements are adhered to across the various jurisdictions we operate in
- Support the delivery of Risk and Control Self-Assessments; provide analysis and reporting that adds value to senior management, Audit & Risk Committees, and the Board
What you need to be successful:
- College Degree in Business, Information Technology, Information Security, Economics, Finance
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in risk management
- Preference for crypto/fintech experience
- NY/London location
- Excellent communication skills, you strive to work in a start-up environment and it is in your nature to find solutions
- Ability to present your findings on a high-level and report these to all stakeholders on a cross functional level
- Confidence when it comes to improving existing processes
- Fluent in English with ability to work well with colleagues across multiple time zones
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to provide viable solutions in a time-sensitive environment
- Data-driven, organized, and detail-oriented
- Experience in establishing processes, controls and an oversight framework to ensure standardized approach to outsourcing and third party management in line with the organization's risk appetite and strategy
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Hybrid model working from home & awesome office location in the heart of Miami / New York
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Apple equipment
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an emerging field
- Flexible work culture
Pay Transparency Notice: At Blockchain.com, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For individuals performing work in the United States, the target annual salary for this position can range from $140,000 to $180,000, and your actual pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location, as well as internal equity and market data.
We also offer benefits that include medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, paid parental leave, flexible paid time off. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses, and full-time employees will receive equity as part of the compensation package.
Note: Blockchain.com benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
Blockchain is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.