Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance professional to join our fast-growing team as Compliance data and business (IT) analyst. In this role, you will work closely with Senior Compliance data and business (IT) analyst and across the compliance and other functions in the company to provide support on compliance and regulatory matters by helping to design and lead systematic processes that advance the Compliance Department’s objective to run like a machine. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
To support the design and implement regulatory requirements, policies and procedures plus new products systematically across Blockchain to maintain regulatory compliance end to end.
- Support Senior Compliance data and business (IT) analyst and Process owners in coordinating the activities related with technical projects and improvements across the functions
- Support Process Owners to identify process execution gaps and develop improvement actions
- Support Process owners and other stakeholders in describing and extracting various data from internal systems or external Vendors
- Assess new tools for use by the process to improve process efficiency and effectiveness
- Identify and assess opportunities for process automation
- Analyze the vast amounts of statistical data, develop models we can use for optimization, and build dashboards for senior management
- Checking on the status of projects at various stages of development to ensure that they are progressing as planned
- Review project proposals from start to finish to ensure that they meet all company standards for quality and compliance with industry regulations
- Manage smaller projects independently
- Support to develop and gather the process metrics in accordance with process KPIs
- Understanding compliance requirements which arise from third-parties, including advising on any changes to our policies, procedures and controls through validation and implementation
- Develop action plans based on requirements for multiple regulatory related initiatives, and ensure they are tracked through technical design
- Identifying regulatory challenges and changes relating to crypto services products to ensure these are addressed/implemented in good time
- Liaising with key internal (e.g. Legal, Business, MLRO etc) and external (e.g. Regulators, advisors, vendors, partners etc) stakeholders as required
- At least 2-3 years of proven experience in compliance at a regulated financial institution or a consultancy firm
- Knowledge and experience in collecting, analyzing, and documenting of the Business requirements in AML/CTF and other compliance areas
- Ability to assess effort required to deliver agreed set of documentation
- Ability to map, define, design solution processes, including workflows and agreements on ownership
- Experience working to improve various AML processes from a technology aspect with integration across front office and operations
- Ability to translate business and technology requirements into processes or vice versa
- Good knowledge on IT processes, and ability to describe, document and communicate processes
- General IT knowledge
- Project management experience
- Data gathering and analysis experience
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Python programing language
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables and formulas), Metabase, Amplitude
- Commitment and a strong will to run a global business (openness to change mindset from local perspective to cross-border)
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidance governing client due diligence and related AML processes (e.g. LT AML legislation and regulations in EU)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills as well as strong in problem solving skills
- Higher education degree
- Fluent English are required in spoken and written communication
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library
- Apple equipment
- Excellent career progression opportunities in a fast-paced company
- Learning and development opportunities in other areas than AML in the future
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- This job is located in Lithuania, Vilnius
- A hybrid workplace model with at least 3 days per week spent with the team in the office
Depending on skill set and experience, the salary for this role starts at 40 000 EUR (gross) per year
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.