Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
At Blockchain.com, we aim to put our customers at the center of everything we do. The Institutional Solutions team works with investment funds, crypto operators and projects, and family offices to provide access to crypto through OTC spot, derivatives, lending, and structured solutions.
As Crypto Derivatives Sales Trader, you will be responsible for managing day to day client pricing enquiries, structuring and pitching new trades to clients and helping to manage market risks associated with the derivatives business.
You will also help design, spec and test both algorithmic and manual trading systems to handle risk positions in order to maximise business profitability.
You will assist the sales team on client calls, listening to client problems and helping to creatively solve them.
This role requires you to be located in Miami.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with the sales team to identify the highest value clients and maximise client trading opportunities
- Manage day to day trading communications with clients regarding their pricing and risk need
- Execute trades with clients, book trades into our systems and ensure firmwide risk reporting of the derivatives business is correct
- Actively trade in both OTC and listed markets to minimise business risk and maximise profit
- Proactively suggest and execute trading strategies, both for clients and internally
- Identify the best trading opportunities within OTC and listed crypto markets, and DeFi opportunities.
- Actively design products that can be packaged up and sold to clients to generate trading revenues and AUM fees, execute any trades necessary and actively manage any risks associated with the products
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years as a financial markets professional, working with institutional clients
- Deep understanding of derivatives markets
- Direct sales and trading experience
- Experience with crypto markets
- Outstanding client communication skills, both written and verbal
- Natural problem-solver. You’re known for identifying the root cause of problems and following through on creative solutions.
- Utmost integrity and trustworthiness in all client interactions
- Resilience, empathy and compassion for our customers. You will be the first point of contact for some of our most valued clients and will be relied upon to ensure they get the absolute highest level of service at all times
- Willingness to propose novel solutions for client problems, and ability to design and execute those solutions
- Experience with data modeling and good statistical skills
- Exposure to quantitative data analysis and quantitative trading methods
- Robust macro framework
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Resume and/or CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Show us something you’ve built
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.