Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance professional to join our fast-growing team as an AML Law Enforcement Specialist. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can review and analyze intelligence received by the Law Enforcement Response Team, complete complex investigations, and report suspicious activity to Financial Intelligence Units. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The AML Law Enforcement Specialist supports Blockchain’s global compliance program, which focuses on financial crime prevention and includes analysis of law enforcement intelligence, in-depth investigations and suspicious activity reporting.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review and analyze customer profiles identified by the Law Enforcement Response Team.
- Complete complex investigations including tracing of crypto flows using blockchain analysis tools.
- Draft high quality investigation reports and case files.
- Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Identify common trends and typologies, and contribute to transaction monitoring and fraud rules tuning.
- Contribute to reporting on key risk and performance indicators.
- Conduct transaction monitoring using onchain and other tools.
- Conduct other assigned activities as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant financial crime experience.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations, and guidance governing financial crime (e.g., AML laws and regulations in US/EU/RoW).
- Experience on complex financial crime investigations.
- Experience working with high risk client groups.
- Experience working to improve processes built into head office and operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA) preferred.
- Professional experience with FinTechs/cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
- We are a remote first company, which means that this role can be located anywhere, as long as it is in the U.S. or Europe.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority