Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain is looking for a Group Controller. You will serve as the lead designer in the development of all operational and technical accounting, reporting, and audit functions for the organization.
The Group Controller will not only be responsible for the Accounting function but also be a main contributor and partner to the company’s overall financial health. This role requires a dynamic individual who is able to oversee the AP function while still making key strategic revenue decisions. We are looking for an experienced Group Controller to join our growing finance team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provides amazing leadership and acts as coach to the whole accounting team and broadly the finance team.
- Leads all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, GL, cost accounting and revenue recognition.
- Enhances our financial processes and policies to drive improvement as Blockchain continues rapid growth.
- Maintains financial security by designing and maintaining internal controls.
- Builds a high performing team with an attitude of trust, but verify the agreements/documents
- Coaches team to be disciplined on monthly/weekly process, including reconciliation of all bank and crypto currency accounts
- Leads month-end and year-end close process by producing reconciliation reports, P&L, Balance Sheets.
- Ensures high standards of financial controls and procedure.
- Remains up to date on current and evolving GAAP standards for all of our jurisidictions.
- Assists with project assignments and financial reporting and forecasting.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA qualification a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience at a high-growth company. Overall 12+ years of experience in controllership role.
- Experience with international accounting (EU, United States, Singapore, Latam and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Experience managing internal and external audit process.
- Desire to work independently as a member of an international organization.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable)