Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Since 2017, Blockchain.com runs a successful Institutional business and has been the leading strategic capital partner to the largest trading, investment, and mining companies in the crypto space, providing lending, otc and electronic trading, custody, asset management funds, and other financial products and services.
We are building the foremost innovative crypto ecosystem for institutional clients across trading, lending, custody, staking and defi services. We are looking for experienced software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record to help us on this mission - who have experience in and understand the intricacies of building and delivering a scalable, reliable and performant institutional platform.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a senior software engineer on the Institutional team,
- Drive overall architecture of the Institutional platform, work closely with other Engineering teams and integrate with downstream systems across Portfolio Management, Treasury, Ledger etc.
- Become a key member of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products.
- Be at the forefront of the cryptocurrency ecosystem building out new distributed software.
- Advocate best practices, code quality, test coverage and drive technical discussions.
- Gain exposure to an array of open-source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Optimize existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products..
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do, employing advanced encryption schemes to secure user and company data.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Required 6+ years of experience in software engineering .
- Required experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin(preferred), Scala, etc.
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You can adapt and keep pace with a fast evolving asset class and marketplace, and build highly-effective and high-quality products on quick timelines.
- You work well within a team, and have a high sense of ownership and accountability.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end, service oriented architecture, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Nice to have : Cryptocurrency and/or Equities, Options, Futures, or FX markets experience.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.