Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are seeking an outstanding compliance leader to join our fast-growing team as Markets Compliance Specialist in North America (including the Carribean). This role will be responsible for managing regulatory engagement, including responses to requests for information received by Blockchain.com, Inc. and its affiliates from US and other North American financial industry regulators, primarily the CFTC and NFA, but also, from the SEC, FINRA and state regulators, regulators in other North American jurisdictions including the Carribean. This is an exciting opportunity to help build and maintain a compliance program for our fast growing company as it enters into new business lines and engages in new or newly-regulated activities under North American federal and state regulatory authorities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto asset space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage regulatory engagement with North American federal and state regulators
- Coordinate in-person and virtual meetings with regulators as appropriate
- Advise the CCO, Head of Americas Compliance, and other internal stakeholders on regional regulatory expectations and any prior regulatory interactions
- Respond to regulatory examinations, investigations and inquiries, ensuring quality assurance and consistency in responses
- Monitor and report on the firm's progress in satisfying commitments made to regulators during the course of inquiries and exams
- Recommend and manage enhancements to firm controls arising from regulatory engagement.
- Establish a compliance framework to manage regulatory relationships in North America, leveraging technology solutions such as case management tools, in collaboration with other regional compliance stakeholders.
- Draft and maintain relevant policies and key operating procedures for North American Markets Compliance
- Prepare and deliver management information reporting
- Establish and maintain a regulatory commitments repository and response dashboard
- Work cross-functionally with our Markets business and other teams to develop compliance strategies and plans
- Manage relationships with and communication with regulators and relevant vendors
- Brief management regarding ongoing regulatory engagement, manage escalations
- Collaborate across the firm to synchronize regulatory engagements and responses to information requests
- Manage assigned responsibilities as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in regulatory engagement, preferably at a CTA, Swap Dealer, DCM, or other financial services business with regulatory obligations to the CFTC
- Experience developing compliance frameworks while leveraging technology
- Excellent knowledge of CFTC regulations and NFA requirements, as well as compliance requirements more broadly in the US and other North American jurisdictions
- Experience working to improve regulatory engagement integrated across front office, operations, legal and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required
- We are a remote first company, which means that this role can be located anywhere, as long as it is in the US
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.