Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the world’s largest and most trusted production blockchain platform, powering more than 75 million wallets. Together with our platform of liquidity and execution services, we share the passion to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We have continued to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products and business lines. With a balanced approach between Consumer Products and Institutional business lines, Blockchain.com covers a wide array of products and customer types.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Reporting to the Technology Lead, you will provide 1st and 2nd line system support to cryptocurrencies traders during Asian, European and US hours on a rotational basis
- This role is highly technical and hands-on, involving daily interaction with front-office and operations staff, as well as application developers.
- Provide support for trading desks running a proprietary cryptocurrencies trading system encompassing the entire front to back trading process
- Work closely with teammates in other shifts to provide 24x7 coverage and timely response to ad-hoc requests and issues
- Monitor key system metrics and take pre-emptive actions to avoid production incidents
- Troubleshoot production issues and follow-up with the relevant departments until resolution
- Design and implement fixes and workarounds
- Liaise with application development team to address bug fixes and product enhancements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering
- Prior experience working in a (front office) trading system support role, preferably in a top-tier investment bank or hedge fund
- Strong in Linux, Shell scripting, Python and SQL
- Must be able to work independently
- Good understanding of finance and trading concepts
- Excellent people skills and must be able to handle pressure
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Kibana, Grafana and Jira is a plus
- Familiarity with the cryptocurrencies trading industry is a plus
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.