Blockchain.com is on a mission to empower anyone in the world to control their own money. As a crypto industry leader since 2011, Blockchain.com plays a role in almost every major crypto business: from trading, to the most widely-used bitcoin wallet, to a foundational source of crypto data, to a robust global institutional business with billions in flow.
We are looking for a seasoned leader to join the Blockchain.com team as the General Manager (GM) for our operations in Brazil. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, the GM-Brazil has one of the most demanding positions the company has to offer; as the leader of Blockchain.com in a country, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of our most critical international markets. You are literally bringing the financial system for the internet to Brazil.
The GM-Brazil role requires operational excellence and will focus on maintaining Blockchain.com quality throughout the customer experience, product localization, regional business development and marketing and public relations oversight. Additional key responsibilities include building and strengthening regulatory relations, active participation in M&A opportunities, exploring partnerships and building the Brazilian team and operations processes from the beginning.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead the development of Blockchain.com’s business throughout Brazil and continue to grow revenues and customers.
- Recruit a world class team to execute the global business strategy in market, including hiring and managing additional Brazilian sales executives as the business grows.
- Develop and execute strategy for retail and institutional product localization.
- Communicate product/process needs to company leadership team and work with the product and engineering teams to deliver on them.
- Help scale our other markets through developing and sharing best practices.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns.
- Provide strategic input into global brand marketing moments, ensuring market resonance and impact across Brazil.
- Represent Blockchain.com at local events and with the media as the face of Blockchain.com Brazil.
- Work with the marketing team to develop the Blockchain.com institutional brand and marketing materials.
- Engage, onboard, and cover institutional clients in Brazil to drive volumes across custody, trading, and lending.
- Manage relationships with our most important Brazilian institutional clients to source new opportunities and increase the overall amount of business we do together, including identifying, contacting, and building relationships with key strategic partners and potential customers. The universe of companies could include crypto exchanges, neobanks, fintech apps, and more.
- Provide client feedback and market intelligence to the head of institutional product management to help develop new products and features.
- Be the voice of the region, with an understanding of market forces, regulatory landscape, and consumer demand for financial services products, and a particular focus on working with regulators and our internal legal and compliance teams to acquire and comply with all required licenses to grow the institutional business.
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics, pulling in support as needed.
- Work in unison with the company business team to support partnership opportunities.
- Partner with our community team to ensure cultural competence in our customer interactions.
- Communicate local preferences back to teams at headquarters. Help them further enhance the product to deliver the best experience possible for our customers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, operational leadership and/or other relevant experience in tech, startup, corporate or entrepreneurship.
- A relentless & optimistic attitude, dedication to detail, and passion for crypto finance.
- Highly organized, and a systems thinker.
- Curious and passionate about new concepts, businesses, and more.
- Ability to analyze complex topics, find the signal in the noise but communicate simply.
- Execute on projects quickly and with a high quality bar.
- Can work cross-functionally with a diverse management team and other key stakeholders.
- Thrives on ambiguity. Prefers to work on problems using data.
- Mobile, ready to live on the internet with a willingness to take on any challenge, no matter how seemingly small, or impossibly difficult.
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory environment and ability to interface with regulators and governments.
- Desire to build robust processes and procedures to support the growth of this business unit.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly with engineers, finance, and counterparties.
- Positive attitude and mature interpersonal skills.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- Be based in Brazil.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job at Blockchain.com, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
Blockchain Access UK Ltd. Blockchain (GB) Limited Blockchain (US), Inc. Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.