Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. We offer the largest production blockchain platform in the world and share a passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain.com’s Principal Investments division is seeking a candidate to join as a summer intern to support the team in conducting market research, due diligence, analysis, and support portfolio companies in the division's venture capital portfolios.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in managing deal flow for venture and strategic investments
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis to assess the merits of potential acquisitions within a short turnaround period
- Synthesize research and prepare internal materials (financial models, memos, presentations, etc)
- Create market maps outlining industry landscapes by vertical, sub-verticals, and identify underlying trends
- Support the investment team in data requests with quick turnaround (e.g. 72 hours) drawing from multiple sources e.g. Pitchbook, twitter, discord etc.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and work streams under tight deadlines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Prior exposure to investing, ideally in crypto assets
- Passion for financial markets and technology
- Insatiable curiosity and willingness to learn
- Driven, proactive, self-starter, eager to learn various aspects of venture investing
- Excellent project management skills
- Comfortable with changes to work product and multiple iterations
- Ability to build and maintain enduring internal and external relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library
- Apple equipment for the duration of the internship
- Sample of prior investment analysis
- LinkedIn profile
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable)
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.