Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We have continued to expand our company’s footprint and venture into new products and business lines. With a balanced approach between Consumer Products and Institutional business lines, Blockchain.com covers a wide array of products and customer types.
We are looking for an experienced hands-on senior tax manager to assist with all corporate tax matters and build the tax infrastructure, process and controls scaled to support the company’s continued rapid growth. The ideal candidate has strong technical and analytical skills and demonstrated the ability to thrive in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment. It is essential that the candidate has strong communication, organization and project management skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with various business partners, key stakeholders, and external advisors. If you are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the Tax Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Tax Accounting & Compliance
- Assist with review of quarterly and annual ASC 740 reporting, disclosure, and documentation including foreign provision
- Coordinate with accounting and legal team for intercompany transactions tracking and assist with review of transfer pricing and intercompany transactions related calculations and reporting
- Manage and review US income tax, indirect tax and all foreign tax compliance prepared by external service providers
- Manage local country tax operation process and support finance teams in review of statutory financials of foreign entities
- Manage and support tax controls and processes
- Improve and maintain audit-ready workpaper documentation
- Assist in continuous identification and development of efficient tax compliance and tax provision processes, including automation, developing and implementing procedural changes and/or processes
Tax Planning and Projects Support
- Play a key role engaging with cross functional and global groups within the company to understand the tax impact of business operations and ensure that tax needs are identified, communicated and provided
- Support global tax planning effort, and global transfer pricing policy maintenance as needed
- Support M&A projects including post-acquisition tax compliance and tax operation integration
- Support tax audit defense and notices as required
- Support other projects requested by management and leadership
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting; CPA required. MST is a plus.
- 8+ years of international and corporate tax experience in public accounting and in-house experience preferred
- Extensive experience of US domestic as well as international tax matters
- Experience in ASC 740 including foreign income tax provision, tax purchase accounting, Uncertain tax position analysis, and valuation allowance analysis
- Experience with M&A a plus
- Other Requirements:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of organizations;
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrated taking full ownership of projects
- Strong project management, organization, and multi-tasking skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, able to research, synthesize, apply and explain complex tax matters
- Ability to explain complex tax concepts to non-tax business partners and stakeholders
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, work ethic, resourcefulness, and flexibility
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).