Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
The markets team at Blockchain.com comprises traders, quants, and engineers working together to support the Blockchain.com exchange and markets activity. The team is growing rapidly and we are looking to add an experienced trading professional to help manage our liquidity and principal strategies. Our team is a highly collaborative group of quantitative traders, researchers, and engineers that leverage deep expertise across domains to drive increased value to our retail and institutional customers, while maximizing revenues.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide leadership across the desk and beyond trading, working closely with senior leadership to build out a world-class quantitative crypto trading business.
- Oversee the deployment of algorithms across various time horizons, currencies, and financial types with responsibility for capital, risk, P&L, and liquidity on our exchange.
- Create daily, weekly, and monthly activity reports for leadership and internal team consumption.
- Manage all trading operations, including on-call rotations, and identify and resolve unusual trading activity immediately.
- Scan the crypto market environment to identify and propose new features and financial products and then work with our quants and engineers to build them.
- Proactively identify opportunities for operational improvements, capital efficiency, and revenue enhancement, creating custom data analysis as needed.
- Work closely with our engineering team to innovate on the systems you use daily and build tools to monitor risk and operations.
- Partner with risk, treasury, and settlement functions to ensure all business operations run effectively and smoothly.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of systematic trading experience, professional exposure to crypto is a plus.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for all risk, capital, trading, and operational aspects.
- Passion for crypto markets.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced trading environment that functions 24/7.
- Desire to build robust processes and procedures to support the growth of this business unit.
- Deep understanding of exchange connectivity, futures markets, market making, arbitrage, and risk management.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to communicate clearly with engineers, finance, and counterparties.
- Python, SQL, and Git knowledge required.
- Strong quantitative skills are a must, technical undergraduate degree or equivalent knowledge required.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.