Accounting Policy and Reporting Manager
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an Accounting Policy and Reporting Manager to join our growing Policy and Reporting team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Perform technical research/documentation on complex matters and effectively communicate accounting issues to business partners, ensuring that relevant accounting issues are identified, debated, resolved, and documented in accordance with U.S. GAAP including validation/verification of appropriate accounting recorded in the ledger.
- Monitor/research/interpret new U.S. GAAP pronouncements/reporting requirements and provide recommendations on impact to the company's financial statements/policies.
- Identify/address emerging company/industry issues and provide accounting recommendations.
- Develop/refine accounting policies and procedures and implement improvements.
- Participate/lead in process improvement initiatives and special projects.
- Evaluate/recommend/document accurate and timely changes to the internal control environment.
- Prepare reporting to management, auditors, and external parties.
- Design workflows to be in compliance with GAAP disclosure requirements.
- Respond to technical accounting inquiries from finance/accounting colleagues and external auditors. Communicate internal accounting policies and accounting updates to finance organization and external auditors, special projects as required.
- Take ownership of internal and external inquiries and provide fast and professional resolution.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with great follow through on tasks.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of public accounting experience.
- Technical accounting experience in U.S. GAAP in relation to accounting for cryptocurrency, leases, equity-based compensation plans, business combinations, restructurings, goodwill, contingencies, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong communication/presentation skills, in particular written skills, to document complicated accounting standards.
- Fluent English. Other business functional languages are advantageous.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.