Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in building crypto native products, services and APIs. Working with the latest protocols, diving deep into decentralised apps and providing accessibility to the crypto native ecosystem - driving utility to our global user base.
As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build solid, reliable software to handle multiple networks and support our ever growing family of products and user base,
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to applying the highest standards and shipping secure and performant systems,
- Work in the core of Blockchain.com’s solution, interacting directly with multiple blockchains,
- Work extensively with open source technologies (Docker, Kafka, MySQL),
- Ensure security is at the forefront of everything you do,
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to continually deliver the highest quality products to our users,
- Optimise existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity,
- You are highly motivated, self-driven, passionate about crypto currencies,
- You know how blockchain systems work, preferably, you worked closely with at least one,
- You find your way around when confronted to a novel problem not many people faced before,
- You possess an innate curiosity, you know multiple programming languages, you are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies,
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems,
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring,
- You take full responsibility for all the projects you work in,
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala or willing to learn these languages,
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.