Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance professional to join our fast-growing team as the U.S. Monitoring and Reporting Lead. In this role, you will work closely across the compliance team and other functions in the company to provide support on compliance and regulatory matters across the U.S. and Canada. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Working With Cross-divisional Partners, Including Technology, Operations And Business Personnel Through All Aspects Of Building And Modifying The Critical Transaction Monitoring Program, Including But Not Limited To The Following.
The US Monitoring and Reporting Lead is the head of the AML and Sanctions Transaction Monitoring Program for Blockchain’s US and Canadian operations, which includes alert generation and review, case investigation, and SAR filing.
- Day-to-day management of the team reviewing AML transaction monitoring alerts, investigating cases, and filing SARs.
- Collaborate across teams including Technology, Operations and the Business in strategic efforts to improve monitoring, case management, and reporting processes.
- Involvement in periodic monitoring rule review, risk typology implementation and threshold validation exercises.
- Provide assistance in preparing the regular AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment
- Development of reporting on risk indicators and workflow metrics for consumption by senior management.
- Capturing, analyzing and documenting business requirements and functional specifications
- Data sourcing, data analysis and identifying data requirements
- Work with product, IT and Operations teams to adapt surveillance and models to capture products in transaction monitoring tools
- Project tracking and execution
- Maintain documentation for Compliance testing, Model Validation, regulatory and audit purposes
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in AML Transaction Monitoring and Suspicious Activity Reporting at a regulated financial institution.
- Proven people management skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- Understanding of AML and terrorist financing trends and typologies
- Experience of building/maintaining an AML Transaction Monitoring Program
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest AML transaction monitoring technology trends
- Experience working on Transaction Monitoring product implementations, such as Actimize and Mantas; preferably modern transaction monitoring systems leveraging machine learning algorithms for detection
- Proficiency in Excel (pivots, VLookups) and other data query/analytics/visualization tools
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA) preferred.
- We are a permanent-remote company, which means that this role can be located anywhere in the U.S.