Product Communications Lead
Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Every so often an opportunity arises to take an impactful role at the right company at the right time – and this is one such opportunity. We are living through a time when the macro environment makes the time ripe for disruption of the financial system. We’re watching a crypto market that has never before garnered this much institutional attention. And we’re building a company that is one of the handful of unicorns that has successfully operated in crypto for nearly a decade.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and collaborating with the Marketing, Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Customer Support and Executive Teams, the Product Communications Lead (“Product Comms Lead”) will grow and lead our product communications. The Product Communications Lead will work cross functionally to lead product PR campaigns from ideation through to execution, grow the profile of the company with business/consumer audiences while also driving awareness of our growing presence in the global financial ecosystem. This is a role for someone who wants to bring their product marketing and communications expertise to a fast-growing industry with lots of innovation.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for all product communications initiatives, both internally and externally;
- Create, execute and guide communications strategy for a wide range of launches, announcements, and major product communications initiatives to support strategic business objectives;
- Create and execute communications programs that amplify Blockchain.com’s product messages, highlight product capabilities and increase customer awareness, engagement and adoption;
- Develop a results-oriented media relations strategy, creating highly engaging product story pitches and seeking placements in top-tier online, print, and broadcast media;
- Support an ongoing media relations program – manage incoming media requests, schedule interviews, draft media responses, prepare spokespeople and develop story ideas/opportunities for press engagement, as related to product;
- Develop deep subject matter expertise in Blockchain.com technology, crypto, and product that impact our business and the competitive landscape;
- Work closely with marketing and product teams to develop written materials around key product launches, including company messaging and statements, communications plans, pitches, press releases, blog posts, talking points, FAQs, and other collateral;
- Support product messaging needs surrounding relevant executive speaking and/or awards initiatives;
- Responsible for tracking product roadmap and determining level of internal/external comms support each product launch requires;
- Serve as spokesperson on select products as required;
- Leverage existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with consumer, trade, business, and technology reporters, locally and nationally;
- Work cross-functionally to understand latest trends and campaigns in our business, and translate them into coverage;
- Communicate complex technology in clear and concise ways to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Assist social media and customer service teams with product-related customer service questions where needed;
- Provide on-the-ground support at relevant conferences, trade shows, and media events, ensuring all product marketing materials are prepped;
- Act as liaison between Blockchain.com and external public relations agencies;
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a monthly and quarterly basis;
- Provide support for PR/communications-related projects on an as needed basis.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Previous experience working in crypto required
- You are relentless & optimistic, dedicated to thoroughness and detail, and are passionate for crypto finance
- You have 8+ years of experience working in product marketing (hardware or software) and/or financial communications/public relations
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a project manager
- Experience serving as a spokesperson on product issues
- Experience working with product reporters
- You have a solid portfolio of previous press hits you personally placed and on the record experience
- You are hyper-creative and have the ability to craft campaigns
- You have a keen understanding of what’s newsworthy, and the ability to shape and create campaigns accordingly
- You own a deep network of personal media relationships and do not rely on external agencies to make connections on your behalf
- You love event ideation, planning and execution - and are comfortable building content plans
- You thrive on ambiguity
- You are mobile, flexible, ready to live on the internet with a willingness to take on any challenge, no matter how seemingly small, or impossibly difficult
- Proven ability to be an effective and persuasive writer, editor, and communicator
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Blockchain.com
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are able to travel
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Competitive salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company;
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry;
- Best-in-class health and dental benefits;
- Provided the latest Apple equipment;
- Remote working environment;
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library;
- Unlimited vacation policy, work hard and take time when you need it;
- Frequent travel to high-energy cities such as Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Austin, London and more.
- Resume or CV and your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
Blockchain (GB) Limited
Blockchain (US), Inc.
Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.