Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a data engineer to join our engineering team to build the next generation Blockchain Explorer and related Data Products. This is an opportunity to develop one of the most popular and visited websites in the crypto ecosystem. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the infrastructure and data pipelines to power future block explorers and crypto data aggregation products.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Maintain and evolve the current data lake infrastructure and look to evolve it for new requirements
- Maintain and extend our core data infrastructure and existing data pipelines
- Provide best-practices and frameworks for data testing and validation and ensure reliability and accuracy of data
- Complement our data scientists by providing a reliable, secure and maintainable modelling framework that can be used to easily deploy models to production
- Design, develop and implement data visualization and analytics tools and data products
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or any other technology related field
- Previous experience working in a data engineering role
- Fluency in Python
- Previous experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases
- Experience with Git
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Airflow or Google Composer
- Experience with other programming languages, like Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Experience with Spark or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with distributed and real time technologies (Kafka, etc..)
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited learning policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Resume and/or CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).
- Your favourite GIF
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.