Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help detect and reduce fraud, mitigate risk for Blockchain.com and simplify the KYC processes, a crucial role to scale all retail products. The ideal candidate is product oriented, has passion for providing the best UX, understands multiple payment methods’ fraud attack vectors and designs new engineering solutions.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution, shipping and monitoring. We are looking for software engineers who care about the customers, software excellence, are advocates of best practices and love learning new skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Expand our rapidly growing user base of 75M+ wallets to reach 1B+ customers.
- You will drive product adoption: the main focus of the risk/fraud team is to drive brokerage volume upwards by opening products to new geographies, removing payments restrictions and reaching new customer segments.
- Be a part of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users.
- Identify and prevent fraud across payment methods (Cards, ACH, SEPA, Wire Transfers, crypto, etc.), products and customer segments.
- Work on both real-time and long-term fraud modelling, monitoring and prevention.
- Provide a frictionless onboarding experience (KYC flows, document verification, risk scoring), and multiple simplified onboarding flows.
- Optimise existing systems for scalability, extensibility and performance whilst building out reusable, modular code for use across Blockchain’s products.
- Work in a cross-functional team with products, data-science, compliance, customer success, frontend and backend.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Experience in one domain among risk/fraud detection, payments processing, KYC, fraud modeling.
- You are customer focused and continuously provide the best Customer Experience.
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies.
- You actively participate in creating product and software specifications before implementing them.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- You have some experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale distributed systems.
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Kotlin, Java, Scala, etc.
- Preferably exposure to open-source technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- A passion for crypto and the transformations it enables.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited learning policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, StackOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.