Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Every so often an opportunity arises to take an impactful role at the right company at the right time -- and this is one such opportunity. We are living through a time when the macro environment makes the time ripe for disruption of the financial system. Watching a crypto market that has never before garnered this much institutional attention. And building a company that is one of the handful of unicorns that’s successfully operated in crypto for nearly a decade.
Reporting to the Head of Communications and collaborating with the Marketing, Public Policy, Legal and Executive Teams, the Communications Lead for International Public Policy and Affairs (“Policy Comms Lead”) will grow and lead our public policy communications, public affairs campaigns, corporate social responsibility communications and trust & safety communications. The Policy Comms Lead will work across the company to lead PR campaigns from ideation through to execution, driving awareness and consideration with policy makers by maximizing our media exposure across all relevant sectors globally and advancing business goals with political, regulatory and CSR audiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with the Head of Communications to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges;
- Develop and manage a broad range of external communications programs in support of Blockchain.com’s policy goals and regulatory risks;
- Establish and foster international and regional media relationships by serving as a trusted source and educator about Blockchain.com and the crypto ecosystem;
- Deliver communications counsel to colleagues on the Policy team on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities, earning cross-functional trust across the business;
- Drive issues management programs with a policy or trust & safety component and serve as the key communications counselor on crisis issues;
- Develop persuasive content and messaging to support government relations objectives in each of Blockchain.com’s markets;
- Draft compelling op-eds and supporting material;
- Develop and manage campaign strategies and activities that advance the aims and objectives of the Policy & Legal teams;
- Work closely with the Policy team to ensure a cohesive policy media strategy with respect to such campaigns and activities;
- Create and coordinate campaigns that tie together various cross-functional resources to accomplish policy goals;
- Source third party op-eds on key policy issues and collaborate with the Policy team on board engagement strategy;
- Partner with the special projects team to develop and execute communications strategies for company CSR initiatives and reactive communications to critical environmental themes in the media.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- You are relentless & optimistic, dedicated to thoroughness and detail, and are passionate for crypto finance
- You have 8+ years of experience working in communications and/or public relations
- Communications experience with public policy issues working for a technology company and/or government or political campaign
- Experience serving as a spokesperson on complex issues
- Experience working with policy reporters
- You have a solid portfolio of previous press hits you personally placed and on the record experience
- You are hyper-creative and have the ability to craft campaigns
- You have a keen understanding of what’s newsworthy, and the ability to shape and create campaigns accordingly
- You own a deep network of personal media relationships and do not rely on external agencies to make connections on your behalf
- You love event ideation, planning and execution - and are comfortable building content plans
- You thrive on ambiguity
- You are mobile, flexible, ready to live on the internet with a willingness to take on any challenge, no matter how seemingly small, or impossibly difficult
- Proven ability to be an effective and persuasive writer, editor, and communicator
- Strong analytical and organization skills, ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the representation of Blockchain.com
- You have a great sense of humor
- You are able to travel
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Resume or CV and your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.