Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Data Team of our Finance Operations. We are looking for a Data Scientist who is looking to roll up their sleeves to help build the infrastructure and processes that will support growth in a fast, yet controlled manner. Reporting to and working with the Global Group Controller, this person is comfortable and confident in a high growth company where structure, procedures, and policy are in development, familiar with a fast pace. and is able to prioritize in building a scalable, efficient data function.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the development of procedures for data architecture and governance, including reconciliation, gap analysis
- Identify relationships and trends of historical and real-time transactions against crypto and cash movements, between entities in Blockchain.com and external parties.
- Support Management business decisions with complex data retrieval, transformation, and analysis
- Develop and deliver regular and ad-hoc business performance analysis and reporting including cost basis, profitability, financial statement
- Enhance overall performance through automation, visualization, mathematical or statistical approach
- Work collaboratively across product owners, finance, and other functional teams within Blockchain.com
- Manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
- Process large amounts of data for statistical modelling and graphic analysis.
- Develop data mining methodologies, including OCR, NLP, logistic regression, random forest, xgboost and Bayesian networks
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Business or related discipline.
- Proficiency with data processing and data warehouse / big data environments.
- Proficiency with designing data models, defining data architecture schema etc.
- Experience in financial services/investment management.
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.