Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team, and are looking for a proactive and detailed Accounting Manager. This person will work closely with our Global Controller and team leaders, and will be collaborating with the Accounting team on tasks like monthly closing, billings, payables, account analysis and general accounting support. This role will be a jack of all trades and the person must be willing to flex their role to get the job done and deliver across all areas of finance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist Accounting team with monthly close of US entities, including billing, journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis
- Prepare daily and monthly journal entries and supporting schedules for US entities’ assets and liabilities
- Assist in coordinating the approval of quarterly and annual financial reports with all relevant parties
- Review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by other members of accounting team, as required
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts
- Work to prepare regulatory reporting in US as required
- Coordinate audit support & review filings with stakeholders
- Support US Federal and State Tax filing and reconciliation
- Work with other entities to complete intercompany reconciliations and consolidation
- Support deliverables required for internal leadership
- Maintain financial reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary reporting deadlines
- Support management in completing special projects as assigned and be a financial reporting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of process improvements as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline processes, including the documentation of the standard operating procedures
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA or similar designation preferred, but not required
- Strong accounting background with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, international accounting experience a plus.
- 4-6+ years working in industry or financial services with prior experience focusing on monthly close, reconciliations and general ledger accounting
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organization, project management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, coordinate the efforts of others and work well with people at a wide range of levels
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.