Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are growing the Accounting division of our Finance team. We are looking for an Assistant Controller who is looking to roll up their sleeves to help build the accounting infrastructure and processes that will support growth in a fast, yet controlled manner. Reporting to and working with the Global Group Controller, this person is comfortable and confident in a high growth company where structure, procedures, and policy are in development, familiar with a fast pace. and is able to prioritize in building a scalable, efficient accounting and reporting function.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist in all things finance: from preparing journal entries to drafting accounting policy and preparation of the month end financial reporting
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting process
- Partner with operations teams to ensure record from user experience through to financial statements
- Perform general ledger reconciliations to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Assist in preparation of management reporting of revenue and operating expenditure with insights and analysis of business drivers (financial and non-financial) with a view of cost control /optimization, reduce adverse variance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist in preparing year-end-accounts and statutory accounts.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Providing support to and manage timely and effective audits
- Assist in building a scalable and efficient accounting and finance function
- Assist with review of payroll processing and related journal entries and reconciliations
- Assist with monthly close of entities, including billing, journal entries, account reconciliations and account analysis
- Review of reconciliations and supporting schedules prepared by other members of accounting team, as required
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Timely response to ad hoc requests from team members, operations and management.
- Work with other entities to complete intercompany reconciliations
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred, but not required
- 8-10 years experience in accounting/finance functions, preferably within financial services,with prior experience focusing on monthly close, reconciliations and general ledger accounting
- Experience with international accounting is a plus (Luxembourg and United Kingdom).
- Experience in large ERP accounting software migration
- Experience managing team members and stakeholders
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team to identify process improvements.
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and effective time management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions
- Adapt to a fast-paced continuous learning environment and show a willingness to take on additional responsibility where required.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- US Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.