Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time. We also are outstanding investors and we have the leading crypto venture capital fund in the space.
We are looking for an outstanding legal professional to join our fast-growing team as a Senior Counsel to support our corporate legal function. You will advise on, negotiate, conduct diligence into and manage a variety of corporate matters and issues including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity and debt financing, commercial partnerships and commercial contracts. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment, you like investing in the world’s most interesting tech, and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative legal team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the corporate legal function and provide legal subject matter expertise on transactional matters including:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- equity and debt financing;
- joint ventures;
- commercial partnerships; and
- commercial contracts.
- Manage the group’s portfolio of legal entities and provide legal support to corporate boards.
- Partner closely with internal business stakeholders to foster key relationships (both internally and with a broad range of external counterparties).
- Review, draft, revise, negotiate and advise on agreements for various types of investments and related arrangements, including purchases of equity and tokens, staking of cryptocurrencies, product and service integrations, and organizational and fund formation matters.
- Help define procedures and practices with internal business stakeholders to promote efficient workflows and handling of corporate legal matters.
- Proactively identify, analyze, advise on and mitigate risks.
- Liaise with external counsel as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one U.S. state.
- 8+ years relevant experience; in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting venture-backed tech companies preferred.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills and excellent judgement; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues, particularly in a fast-paced corporate setting.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and provide guidance or build processes to proactively address them.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Track record of proactively building and maintaining productive relationships with business and corporate functional leaders.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).