Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our fast-growing team as Counsel, Product (Asset Management). You will contribute to the P-REAL team (Product, Regulatory, Employment and Litigation) within the broader Legal department and have responsibility for all legal matters as they pertain to litigation and employment. This includes overseeing all litigation matters impacting Blockchain.com and providing legal support to the People Team (on a variety of employee-related issues). If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Advise on and manage all litigation (including pre-litigation) matters that affect Blockchain.com.
- Directly support smaller claims and arbitrations and supervise outside counsel on any larger litigation matters.
- Manage escalated matters related to international law enforcement requests and pre-litigation complaints.
- Advise on employment legal issues globally on a broad range of people-related issues including: recruiting; hiring; employee relations; discipline and terminations; internal investigations; leaves of absence; discrimination and harassment issues; global mobility issues; contingent worker issues; employee privacy issues; compensation, benefits, bonus and equity awards; employment litigation; negotiated exits and settlements.
- Partnering closely with internal teams, including other parts of the Legal team, Risk & Compliance, as well as internal business partners to proactively address and resolve potential disputes in line with business objectives.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate legal risks.
- Engage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD/law degree and bar admission in the US.
- 8+ years relevant experience - ideally, we’re looking for a combination of in-house legal experience focusing on litigation as well as employment legal and HR project experience, but we’ll consider you if you have at least one of these two requirements;
- In-house FinTech experience a bonus.
- Class actions experience is also a major plus.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).