Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding attorney to join our fast-growing team as Counsel, Product (Blockchain.com Wallet). You will contribute to the P-REAL team (Product, Regulatory, Employment and Litigation) within the broader Legal department and have responsibility for all product-related matters as they pertain to the Wallet. This includes providing legal support on a variety of matters spanning distribution, service provider relationships, licensing, platform integration and more. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of the Legal Team, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide legal support to the Product, Eng, and other business teams internally on matters that affect Blockchain.com with an eye towards how they impact the business globally.
- Monitor, assess and advise the business on legal issues that impact product development and distribution.
- Manage and negotiate contractual relationships with service providers, licensees, platform providers and other third parties.
- Form part of the team that reviews and approves the listings of new tokens within the Wallet.
- Ensure that Product is aligned with applicable laws and regulations in the U.S., UK and everywhere else we operate.
- Work effectively across business units and product-related functions to resolve complex business and risk issues.
- Engage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one U.S. state, the UK or Europe.
- 6-8 years relevant experience; in-house FinTech experience strongly preferred.
- Consumer-facing experience a major plus.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.