Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding leader to join our fast-growing team as Director, Corporate and M&A. You will further build our corporate function and have responsibility for all corporate and M&A legal matters, including SEC requirements, corporate governance matters, and corporate entity management -- as well as managing the legal side of our very own in-house venture fund, Blockchain Ventures. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment, enjoy building and managing your own team, and are looking for an opportunity to be a founding member of an innovative legal team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide legal guidance to internal teams on corporate matters that affect Blockchain.com, with an eye towards how they impact the company globally.
- Ensure that Blockchain.com is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in the U.S., UK and everywhere else we operate.
- Work effectively across business units and corporate functions to resolve complex business and risk management issues across multiple locations and timezones.
- Manage corporate governance and securities matters as needed in accordance with applicable local legal requirements.
- Negotiate and oversee M&A transactions.
- Negotiate and document Blockchain Ventures’ investments in the world’s leading crypto companies.
- Help manage our equity program and cap table.
- Present information to executives and the Board of Directors.
- Lead outside counsel relationships as necessary.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one U.S. state.
- 10+ years relevant experience; in-house experience strongly preferred.
- Public company experience is a plus.
- Proven high-performing legal experience in an in-house environment.
- Experience building and managing a team, with an eye for developing talent and a commitment to building an inclusive, bar-raising culture.
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).