Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Work within the Customer Success department to support Blockchain’s product offerings and services..
- Provide the highest level of customer service to the millions of customers using Blockchain.com products.
- Act as a bridge between customer success, product, and engineering teams on product issues and bug resolution.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure product issues are reported quickly and efficiently
- Communicate in English on multiple channels, including tickets, emails and live-chat.
- Help answer customer queries regarding our Wallet , Brokerage , Exchange and other product lines
- Learn constantly, adapt to the needs of the teams and build your cryptocurrency knowledge.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Passion for creating a positive user experience that is responsive and organized.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, diverse work environment with great follow through.
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies.
- Experience serving customers on live-chat, email or tickets at high volumes.
- Resilience, you will be part of a high performing team that serves millions of customers a year.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Competitive full-time salary
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto Bonus paid after 12 months of service, for your first 3 years at Blockchain.com
- Great office location and remote working options at your line managers discretion.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.