Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Business Intelligence team. Exploiting data is core to our business, and in this role you will have an opportunity to:
- Enable world-class user experiences across all our products by developing and deploying predictive models
- Support the organization across a range of areas including: experimentation, fraud, market signals, business intelligence and data visualization
- Develop derivative data products from the crypto ecosystem (on-chain, exchanges, etc) for internal and external consumption.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who can leverage data and develop models to improve how Blockchain.com operates and how we serve our customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role you will do some/all of:
- Develop and deploy models that improve our user experience across all areas of our product, including onboarding, fraud, engagement and delivering insights to users.
- Support the company through accurate, timely and actionable business intelligence.
- Support experimentation within our products to align features with product goals.
- Develop models and analysis of the crypto ecosystem
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Fluency in the data science tech stack, including Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn) for data science/machine learning, analytics/visualisation/BI tools, and SQL
- Experience with data engineering concepts, ETL pipelines, and working with the Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of probability, statistics and machine learning algorithms
- Commercial mind focused on impact, ability to translate business problems into a data science roadmap, and experience productionising results
- Strong communication skills, experience working in cross-functional teams and communicating technical results to stakeholders
- The highest of standards regarding security and privacy practices to keep our users safe.
- Desire to foster a hardworking, collaborative and creative team culture in one of the most challenging and dynamic industries in tech.
- A passion for data and crypto :)
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Remote working environment.
- Apple Equipment.
- Favorite GIF.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.