We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Science and Business Intelligence team. Exploiting data is core to our business, and in this role, you will have an opportunity to:

• Enable world-class user experiences across all our products by developing and deploying predictive models
  • Support the organization across a range of areas including experimentation, fraud, market signals, marketing, pricing and many more
  • Develop derivative data products from the crypto ecosystem (on-chain, exchanges, etc) for internal and external consumption.

We are looking for a Data Scientist who can leverage data and develop models to improve how Blockchain.com operates and how we serve our customers.

Middle (IC2-3)

• I work effectively with the ML tools and software packages used by my team.
  • I understand the ML algorithms and techniques used in my area, and can adapt them to my project as needed.
  • I can analyze and present datasets or results of experiments while choosing the appropriate statistical methods and visualization techniques.
  • I can translate a business problem into a spec for a computational task such as classification, ranking, or generation.
  • I understand the stages of ML development lifecycle* and their interactions within my projects, and make adjustment to existing designs for any stage when necessary.
  • I prepare and conduct experiments, analyze the results, and adapt my strategy to reflect significant findings.
  • I translate ideas into clear code, written to be read as well as executed
  • I’m able to read and navigate through a large code base and effectively debug others’ code
  • I address code tasks with both high throughput and appropriately high quality for the stage of project I am working on
  • I am able to independently design software components in well scoped scenarios, with simplicity and maintenance as key considerations. My components are testable, debuggable and have logical APIs that are not easily misused.

WHAT YOU WILL DO

In this role you will do some/all of:

• Develop and deploy models that improve our user experience across all areas of our product, including onboarding, fraud, engagement and delivering insights to users.
  • Support the company through accurate, timely and actionable business intelligence.
  • Support experimentation within our products to align features with product goals.
  • Develop models and analyses of the crypto ecosystem
  • Evaluate the effectiveness by conducting AB testing
  • Delivering resilient and sustainable software projects from design to implementation and rollout

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

• Fluency in the data science tech stack, including Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn) for data science/machine learning, analytics/visualisation/BI tools, and SQL
  • Experience with data engineering concepts, ETL pipelines, and working with the Google Cloud Platform
  • Strong understanding of probability, statistics and machine learning algorithms
  • Commercial mind focused on impact, ability to translate business problems into a data science roadmap, and experience productionising results
  • Strong communication skills, experience working in cross-functional teams and communicating technical results to stakeholders

Nice to have

• Experience with Airflow or Google Composer
  • Experiences with other programming languages, like Java, Kotlin or Scala
  • Experience with Spark or other Big Data frameworks
  • 2-5 years commercial experience in a related role 

Senior (IC3-4)

• I have a deep understanding of a range of ML techniques (e.g., deep learning, optimization, regression, ensembles, tree based methods, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian modeling, etc.), area (CV, NLP, RL, etc.), or tool (sklearn, pytorch, tensorflow, etc.) and I select an optimal solution for my projects.
  • I maintain awareness of the state of the art, and can select an appropriate algorithm, tool or technique for a given problem.
  • I can analyze and present datasets or results of experiments while choosing the appropriate statistical methods and visualization techniques. I can also evaluate the statistical rigor of my team’s analyses and make appropriate recommendations.
  • I can translate a business problem into a spec for a computational task such as classification, ranking, or generation.
  • I am proficient in ML development lifecycle and can design each stage according to the needs of the project.
  • I define an experimentation strategy, and adapt my team’s roadmap to reflect significant findings.
  • I write code that captures the essential nature of the solution and is appropriately flexible, reusable, efficient, and adaptable to changing requirements.
  • I ensure high code quality in code reviews.
  • I have a strong awareness of the ecosystem of tools and libraries supporting my primary programming language and development environment and a strong grasp of the idioms and patterns of my language. I may be intimately familiar with the open source community surrounding it.
  • I am able to independently design software components in well scoped scenarios, with simplicity and maintenance as key considerations. My components are testable, debuggable and have logical APIs that are not easily misused.
  • I know when to make significant refactors and when it’s better to leave things as-is.
  • I have a strong grasp of the libraries, platforms, and systems that I rely on, allowing me to apply them expertly
  • I’m able to create coherent designs with multiple components interacting across API or system boundaries; bugs do not creep in at the boundaries between components due to mismatches in expectations of what is technically feasible
  • I’m capable of rolling out a component or major feature (and deprecating an existing system or feature) reliably - including appropriate monitoring, paging, etc are in place, and that failure domains are understood and characterized appropriately before large scale rollout. For early stage products, I am able to roll out with an eye toward achieving learning goals untainted by poor quality.
  • I design clear success metrics and achieve those metrics consistently post-launch through the lifetime of the system or feature. For early stage products, those success metrics may be oriented around learning goals rather than usage goals, given the inherent unpredictability of achieving product/market fit.

WHAT YOU WILL DO

• Develop and deploy models that improve our user experience across all areas of our product, including onboarding, fraud, engagement and delivering insights to users.
  • Support the company through accurate, timely and actionable business intelligence.
  • Support experimentation within our products to align features with product goals.
  • You are the one who implements the hardest part of the system or feature
  • Build and ship high-quality code, provide thorough code reviews, testing, monitoring and proactive changes to improve stability
  • Autonomously exert a permanent influence on the business through the team, product capabilities or technical system
  • Builds a complete product infrastructure
  • Identify and deliver software solutions through a set of milestones spanning a specific product focus or a multi-component system

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

• Fluency in the data science tech stack, including Python (pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn) for data science/machine learning, analytics/visualisation/BI tools, and SQL
  • Experience with data engineering concepts, ETL pipelines, and working with the Google Cloud Platform
  • Strong understanding of probability, statistics and machine learning algorithms
  • Commercial mind focused on impact, ability to translate business problems into a data science roadmap, and experience productionising results
  • Strong communication skills, experience working in cross-functional teams and communicating technical results to stakeholders

Nice to have

• 5-8 years commercial experience in a related role 

Staff (IC4-5)

• I am an expert in a range of ML technique (e.g., deep learning, optimization, regression, ensembles, tree based methods, dimensionality reduction, Bayesian modeling, etc.), area (CV, NLP, RL, etc.), or tool (sklearn, pytorch, tensorflow, etc.) and I select such solutions that work long-term for my team.
  • I track the state of art ML developments in areas related to my team’s work and when beneficial, I incorporate those results into my team’s work. 
  • I am capable of owning the overall strategy for ensuring the quality of ML systems my team builds. My analysis goes beyond standard metrics, incorporating concerns such as privacy, bias, security and maintainability.
  • My modeling strategy correctly balances theoretical soundness against engineering practicality; off-the-shelf solutions against in-house solutions; and timely delivery of capabilities against extensibility.
  • I propose new business objectives that can be powered via ML systems adjacent to existing ones at Blockchain.com.
  • I reduce complex designs and concepts to simple foundational components through correct choices of modeling approach, applications of algorithms, or other deep insight into the problem space.
  • I am responsible for soundness and validity of the design and strategy of experimentations for my team.
  • I am familiar with infra and frontend components that go together with ML systems and can design robust and effective interfaces between these systems.
  • I write code that captures the essential nature of the solution and is appropriately flexible, reusable, efficient, and adaptable to changing requirements.
  • I ensure high code quality in code reviews.
  • I have a strong awareness of the ecosystem of tools and libraries supporting my primary programming language and development environment and a strong grasp of the idioms and patterns of my language. I may be intimately familiar with the open source community surrounding it.
  • I am able to give quality feedback on designs written by other members of my team, asking probing, insightful questions that solidify choices and surface erroneous assumptions
  • I effectively and quickly debug cross-module issues, and may intuit where bugs might lie due to my deep knowledge of the libraries, platforms, and systems that my software relies on

WHAT YOU WILL DO

• Play a critical role in helping to set up directions and goals for the team
  • Build and ship high-quality code, provide thorough code reviews, testing, monitoring and proactive changes to improve stability
  • You are the one who implements the hardest part of the system or feature.
  • Define a multi-year technical strategy with the participation of several teams and implement it through direct implementation or broad technical guidance

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

• Commercial mind focused on impact, ability to translate business problems into a data science roadmap, and experience production rising results
  • Ability to solve technical problems that few others can do
  • Ability to lead/coordinate rollout and releases of major initiatives

Nice to have

• 8+ years commercial experience in a related role 

Apply for this Job

* Required

(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)

(File types: pdf, doc, docx, txt, rtf)