Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the largest production blockchain platform in the world, powering more than 50 million non-custodial wallets. We share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a talented Data Analyst to join our fast-growing team. The successful candidate will join the data science team working on business intelligence and customer analytics, driving deep understanding and improvements across our products and business processes. The role will primarily involve analysing and visualising data across multiple sources to identify interesting patterns and trends to support decision making.
You love data and enjoy using them to solve real-world problems. You are naturally curious and eager to learn. You have an analytical mind, proactively identify issues, and enjoy tackling them and coming up with solutions. You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with others, but is also capable of working independently. You don’t shy away from interacting with people from different backgrounds and are able to communicate data science ideas effectively.
What you will do:
- Apply your expertise in data mining, and data visualization to extract insights that can inform our business and product decisions.
- Understand the day-to-day issues that our business faces, which can be better understood with data
- Develop clear visualizations to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion
- Work together with the product and/or market teams to identify the key metrics to measure the different aspects of the business. Create and maintain dashboards to visualize those metrics and track KPIs
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in STEM (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics) or equivalent experience
- Understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Attention to detail
- Commercial mind and ability to put numbers into business perspective
- Strong communication skills, experience working in cross-functional teams and communicating technical results to stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Experience with Crypto
- 1-2 years commercial experience in related role
- Experience programming in Python and knowledge of the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, MatPlotLib, Scikit-learn) for data science
- Experience with finance, trading, product development and/or customer care.
Compensation and perks:
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Flexible hours and smart working options
- CV/Resume or Linkedin profile
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.