Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to join our engineering team as we tackle some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space, like how do we securely scale a distributed financial platform that touches millions of people a day.
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, distributed and fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Blockchain’s services are reliable and available to meet our users and the business needs, and delivers a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At Blockchain, SRE is also a mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems—we build our own creative engineering solutions to operations problems. SREs are responsible for the big picture of how our systems are designed for operability, how they relate to each other, and we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad spectrum of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement are key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
The SRE/DevOps environment at Blockchain is a work in progress - we are looking for an experienced, senior SRE to provide engineering leadership across the SRE team and the broader engineering team. Are you ready for a challenge?
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will have the opportunity to work on the core of the cryptocurrency exchange.
- You will be able to play a critical role in evolving our infrastructure as we develop solutions to complex technical problems involving reliability, latency, bandwidth and most importantly security.
- You will work in a fast paced, and dynamic environment complementing our existing high calibre team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience with containerization and service orchestration, including best practices and security. Experience with Hashicorp Nomad and Consul is a plus.
- Strong at automation in at least one programming language, preferably Python/Golang.
- Linux, including an understanding of resource allocation, network and/or internals.
- Solid background with configuration management tools.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools.
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka.
- Experience with database management.
- Experience working in Data Centers is a plus.
- Knowledge of routing and switching protocols is a plus.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London and San Francisco. We are also open to remote for this role.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- LinkedIn profile.
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favorite GIF
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.