Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be part of a team that is building industry-leading bitcoin wallets for users around the globe: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=piuk...
- Pay extreme attention to detail regarding the security and safety of our users’ wallets.
- Encourage best practices and a high level of code quality amongst the team.
- Collaborate with engineers and management to help determine product roadmap.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- 2+ years professional experience working with Java and the Android SDK / Android Studio. Have published at least one app to the Play Store.
- Experience with commonly used libraries such as RxJava, Dagger2 and the Support and Design libraries. Kotlin is a plus!
- Good knowledge of common architectural patterns such as MVP and MVVM, and a solid grasp of common OOP design patterns.
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; and that you can achieve both at the same time.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship—you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficiency, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with various team members around the world.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London (Shoreditch) and New York (SoHo).
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Your LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.