Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Accountant to join our growing finance team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts.
- Providing month end support and reporting
- Review T&E charges and ensure spending is in line with company’s policy.
- Assist manager with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ensure all invoices are coded correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries for manager’s approval.
- Prepare general ledger account analysis.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Assist in the maintenance of P&L and balance sheet reconciliations and research missing expense and any large variances.
- Assist in the preparation of month end variance analysis.
- Assist with year-end audit work.
- Perform ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Assist with VAT and R&D credit filing and reconciliation.
- Assist Finance team in the day to day finance functions when necessary.
- Act as backup for members of the finance team as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- ACCA, ACA, or equivalent qualification strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience with international accounting (Luxembourg, United States, and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London and New York.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.