Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the largest production blockchain platform in the world, powering more than 40 million non-custodial wallets. We share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a talented Data engineer to join our fast-growing data science team. The data science team at Blockchain.com focuses on three major areas of work: (1) customer analytics, focused on understanding our customers and improving our products accordingly, (2) blockchain analytics, focused on gaining business and market insights from the analysis of the public blockchain, and (3) market analytics, focused on supporting our trading products and developing a deeper understanding of the crypto markets. The successful candidate will support and build infrastructure for all the threes areas.
You understand the power of data to solve real-world problems and are committed to make sure that people in the company have access to the data they need to make the best decision. You understand the importance of data quality and reliability and appreciate clean designs. You are naturally curious and eager to learn. You proactively identify issues, and enjoy tackling them and coming up with solutions. You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with others, but is also capable of working independently.
What you will do:
- Maintain and evolve the current data lake infrastructure and look to re-position it for new requirements
- Maintain and evolve our core data infrastructure and the existing data pipelines and ETLs and build new ones
- Provide best-practices and frameworks for data testing and validation and ensure reliability and accuracy of data
- Complementing our data scientist by providing a reliable, secure and maintainable modelling framework that can be used to easily deploy models to production
- Design, develop and implement data visualization and analytics tool and data products
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or any other technology related field
- Previous experience working in a related role
- Previous experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience working wiith Google Cloud Platform
- Expert in Python
- In-depth knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases
- Attention to details
- Experience with Git
Nice to have:
- Experience with Airflow or Google Composer
- Experience with other programming languages, like Java, Kotlin or Scala
- Experience with Spark or other Big Data frameworks
- Experience with distributed and real time technologies (Kafka, etc..)
Compensation and perks:
- Amazing and accessible office locations in the heart of London
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Flexible hours and smart working options
- CV/Resume or Linkedin profile
- Link to github, stackoverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).