Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the largest production blockchain platform in the world, powering more than 40 million non-custodial wallets. We share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist with experience working with blockchain data to join our fast-growing team. The data science team at Blockchain focuses on three major areas of work: (1) customer analytics, focused on understanding our customers and improving our products accordingly, (2) blockchain analytics, focused on gaining business and market insights from the analysis of the public blockchain and (3) market analytics, focused on supporting our trading products and developing a deeper understanding of the crypto markets. The successful candidate will work in the blockchain analytics area, providing additional expertise.
You love data and enjoy using them to solve real-world problems. You are naturally curious and eager to learn. You have an analytical mind, proactively identify issues, and enjoy tackling them and coming up with solutions. You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with others, but is also capable of working independently. You don’t shy away from interacting with people from different backgrounds and communicating data science ideas effectively. You understand how different crypto currencies and their associated blockchain work and enjoying learning the ins and outs of the decentralized economy.
What you will do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative methods, data mining, and data visualization to extract insights from the public blockchain that can inform our product/business strategy and/or be publically shared in our charts page (https://www.blockchain.com/charts)
- Create and maintain new aggregated views and tables in our internal data lake to simplify data querying and generally improve our data infrastructure
- Identify new metrics that can be extracted from blockchain data to measure different aspects of the business. Create and maintain dashboards to visualize those metrics and track KPIs
- Assist the compliance and finance teams with on-chain transaction monitoring
- Research and design market indicators based on blockchain data
- Create new ways for our customers and internal teams to interact with blockchain data in an intuitive and informative way
- Research, design and deploy predictive and descriptive statistical and machine learning models to gain a deeper understanding of what goes on on the blockchain (e.g. models for classifying/clustering entities and addresses, or different types of transactions)
What you will need:
- Master’s degree in STEM subjects (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics)
- Experience working with blockchain data and knowledge of how the main cryptocurrencies work
- Experience programming in Python and knowledge of the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, MatPlotLib, Scikit-learn) for data science/machine learning
- Understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Experience in SQL
- Experience with machine learning algorithms (e.g: linear regression, logistic regression, random forest, k-means, etc..)
- Experience deploying and maintaining data pipelines
- Attention to detail
- Commercial mind and ability to put numbers into business perspective
Nice to have:
- PhD in STEM subjects (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics) or other relevant fields
- Commercial experience in related role
- Experience with graph theory and algorithms
- Experience with big data technologies and unstructured data
- Experience programming in Kotlin
Compensation and perks:
- Amazing and accessible office locations in the heart of London, New York and San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- New York and San Francisco Benefits: Medical, Dental Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Commuter, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability