Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our growing finance team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrency wallets and credit card accounts.
- Providing month end support and reporting
- Review T&E charges and ensure spending is in line with company’s policy.
- Own bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ensure all invoices are coded correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries for group controller’s approval.
- Prepare general ledger account analysis.
- Manage the month end close process.
- Maintain P&L and balance sheet reconciliations and research missing expense and any large variances.
- Prepare month end variance analysis.
- Lead year-end audit work for entities under purview.
- Perform ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Prepare VAT and R&D credit filing and reconciliation.
- Act as backup for members of the finance leadership team as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Degree in Business Technology
- ACCA Qualified
- A high level of experience working in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience with international accounting (Luxembourg, United States, and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience in conducting market research of technology trends and analysing the data
- Experience working with start ups, advising on business plans and finance strategy
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK/US GAAP
- Experience in corporate tax preparation
Compensation and perks:
- Amazing and accessible office locations in the heart of London
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.