Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the world’s largest and most trusted production blockchain platform, powering more than 40 million non-custodial wallets. Together with our platform of liquidity and execution services, we share the passion to build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We’re looking for a Finance Strategy Analyst to help solve an array of complex challenges as we rapidly scale our business. This role will work across the organization to (1) catalyze collaboration between various stakeholders (2) analyze and develop strategic solutions to operational challenges and (3) develop and implement financial planning model for various stakeholders and management.
This person should enjoy operating with increased autonomy and executing upon objectives with less than crisply defined boundaries and/or expectations in situations without clear precedent. At the same time, he/she needs to be a utility player who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and help out wherever needed.
To do so, this person will rely on their integrity, demonstrated business intuition, creative problem solving and experience in financial modeling, market research, process optimization, product development, quantitative analysis and project management.
Example responsibilities include:
- Scope, plan and conduct analyses in support of strategic and operational projects, in addition to company wide
- Identify inefficiencies to improve business performance and conduct supporting analyses
- Evaluate trends in performance and initiate analysis to identify opportunities and risks.
- Drive analytics and modeling for potential business development activities, including valuations and scenario planning
- Analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Create and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Analyze financial information and provide real-time reports support to management for decision making purposes
- Identify, recommend, and help implement Business Intelligence Systems/Tools to improve operational performance through better data, more visibility, and accountability
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of company financial and operational performance, leveraging business unit analytical resources and tools
- Assist with the annual operating plan and budget process for the company
- BS/BA or MS/MA in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics, or similar field with excellent academic record
- At least 3 years in investment banking
- At least 2 years in a startup preferred
- SQL or statistics experience preferred