Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance professional to join our fast-growing team as a KYC Specialist for the Americas. In this role, you will work closely across the compliance team and other functions in the company to provide support on compliance and regulatory matters focusing on financial crimes compliance. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The KYC Specialist supports the KYC program for Blockchain’s US operations, which includes customer identification/verification, simplified/enhanced due diligence, fraud management, alert and escalation management.
What you will do:
- Day-to-day review and management of customer onboarding cases.
- Conduct KYC checks and complete Enhanced Due Diligence consistent with financial crime compliance policies.
- Conduct Politically Exposed Persons screening and adverse media checks.
- Contribute to reporting on key risk and performance indicators and workflow metrics for senior management with a view to improving the client experience, optimizing processes and providing transparency to senior management regarding operating and control effectiveness.
- Manage resolution of transaction monitoring and screening alerts.
- Review policies and processes and propose means to improve our KYC/AML framework.
- Respond to regulatory requests and examinations.
- Manage suspicious activity and other regulatory reporting.
- Manage special projects assigned as needed.
What you will need:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial crimes compliance at a regulated financial institution.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidance governing client due diligence and related processes (e.g., USA PATRIOT Act, FinCEN rules and guidance).
- Experience working with high risk client groups.
- Experience working to improve onboarding processes integrated across front office and operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills.
- Professional experience with cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required.
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA) preferred.
- We are a remote first company, which means that this role can be located anywhere, as long as it is in the U.S.
- Competitive full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- The opportunity to be a key player and build your career at a rapidly expanding, global technology company in an exciting, emerging industry.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Crypto bonuses
- Performance-based bonuses paid in cash
- Apple equipment provided by the company
- Awesome office locations and remote working options.