Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our growing finance team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reconcile bank, cryptocurrencies wallets and credit card accounts.
- Providing month end support and reporting
- Review T&E charges and ensure spending is in line with company’s policy.
- Assist manager with bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Ensure all invoices are coded correctly and paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare journal entries for manager’s approval.
- Prepare general ledger account analysis.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Maintain P&L and balance sheet reconciliations and research missing expense and any large variances.
- Assist in the preparation of month end variance analysis.
- Assist with year-end audit work.
- Perform ad-hoc projects.
- Assist with establishing internal controls procedures and processes.
- Assist with VAT and R&D credit filing and reconciliation.
- Assist Finance team in the day to day finance functions when necessary.
- Act as backup for members of the finance team as required.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- ACCA, ACA, or equivalent qualification strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience with international accounting (Luxembourg, United States, and United Kingdom is a plus).
- Strong presentation and communication skills when working with internal teams and external vendors.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and execute quickly and efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing and competing demands.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing and accessible office location in the heart of London.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- London Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.