Accounts Payable Specialist, Senior is responsible for implementing and executing the Account Payable function globally to support Blockchain's growth. In addition, the individual should be an energetic professional with experience working on multiple tasks, well organized and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
Hours: Full time 9:00am – 6:00pm
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Keep track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, employee reimbursements, invoices, statements etc.
- Maintain organized record of outstanding and paid invoices
- Initiate approval process in accordance with the established policy
- Obtain and report proper information and/or data regarding invoice payments
- Enhance control documentation around the accounts payable process
- Perform initial review of invoices for any red flags prior to approval
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations for all entities
- Perform monthly credit card reconciliations for all entities
- Provide weekly reports on outstanding and paid invoices to the Controllers and CFO
- Ensure currency is accurately converted for the respective books and records of the company
- Manage relationships with certain vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Ensure AP dashboard in accounting system is accurate and up to date
- Organize current and historical records in shared drive
- Assist Controllers with year-end audit requests and special projects
- Ensure maintenance of the authorized payment approver list
- Drive on-going process improvement initiatives and streamlining the Accounts Payable function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3 or more years of accounts payable experience
- Basic understanding of principles of finance and accounting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Smartsheets is a plus
- Previous experience at an international company a plus
- Resume and/or CV and your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow or links to past projects, a portfolio, or piece of work you’re proud of. (if applicable)
- Your favorite GIF.