Location of role: London
Opening Date for applications: 25 Apr 2019
Closing Date for applications: 23 May 2019
We are looking for an Android engineer to join our growing engineering team, to rapidly create, iterate and launch high-quality software that empowers users all over the world. Ultimately, you should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our fast growth and the rapidly evolving crypto ecosystem.
Our development team is tackling some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space while rapidly and securely scaling a distributed platform that touches millions of people a day. We want you to join us!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be part of a team that is building industry-leading bitcoin wallets for users around the globe: View on Google Play
- Write well-tested, reliable code for use by millions of users who use our wallet.
- Proactively collaborate with team members, ensuring the sharing of knowledge and efficient division of labour.
- Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the cryptocurrency space.
- Get exposure to the latest technologies and developments in a technology and product driven company.
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- At least 6 years’ experience working on developing mobile applications, including contributing towards the design/architecture of commercial mobile products
- At least 4-5 years’ experience working with Java / Kotlin and the Android SDK and have at least one or two apps in the store.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience of software development in a financial technology environment (digital payment, mobile banking etc)
- Experience with reactive programming (RxJava or otherwise) is a bonus.
- You are excited about using the latest Android features to build the best app in class.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship—you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- Unit testing/TDD and achieving a high level of coverage should be second nature to you.
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with various team members around the world.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy learning new things.