LOCATION: London, UK
SALARY PACKAGE: Competitive
OPENING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 15 April 2019
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 13 May 2019
Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in evolving the core platform which drives our retail products. Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example by driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
- An appreciation of the entire stack (including but not limited to front-end, service oriented architecture, databases, network layers, etc.) and how they impact the performance of your application.
- Experience of working with blockchain technology, decentralised applications and cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum etc).
- Experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, etc.
- Experience in at least one functional programming languages (Scala, F# etc).
- Experience in at least one cloud computing platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud etc).
- Resume, CV, and/or your LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github, Stackoverflow, past projects, a portfolio, or piece of work you’re proud of.