Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
Blockchain’s engineering team is building technologies that are revolutionizing the financial services industry by empowering millions across the globe to authenticate and transact immediately and without costly intermediaries.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Lead/Manager to help grow and lead our new engineering team in Vilnius. In this role you will be responsible for helping recruit and grow engineers, leading engineering projects, and coordinating and communicating across the engineering team. You will report to the VP of Engineering, and work closely with engineering
managers, PMs and other executives. Ultimately, you should be able to do whatever is required to make our Vilnius engineering centre a success.
Our development team is tackling some of the most interesting problems in the crypto space while rapidly and securely scaling a distributed platform that touches millions of people a day. We want you to join us!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be part of a team that is building industry-leading bitcoin wallets and other services for
users around the globe.
- Be a hands-on, technical engineering manager. The expectation is that you will be
leading by doing.
- Help recruit world-class engineers (front end, backend and quality) in Vilnius.
- Help identify, define and execute valuable engineering projects within Blockchain.
- Work with Engineering leaders and others to ensure that your team delivers the maximum possible impact.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day work of your team members.
- Create an environment in which engineers can grow and do their best work.
- Work on the most interesting and challenging problems in the cryptocurrency space.
- Get exposure to the latest technologies and developments in a technology and product
- Work on an industry-leading product with millions of users.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- 3+ years experience as a hands on engineering manager - you lead by doing.
- A good understanding of how to deliver front-end and back-end components of web-based services
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with various team members around the world, and the ability to work somewhat autonomously without local day-to-day management.
- Experience with Crypto is a bonus.
- You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point.
- You feel ownership over everything you ship—you'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- To be passionate and creative about hiring and growing engineers
- You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment.
- You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You enjoy learning new things.
- Resume and/or CV and LinkedIn profile.
- Link to Github or Stackoverflow.
- Personal websites or blogs (if applicable).